Hall Cosplay Contest!
Interested in showcasing your skills in craftsmanship, but don’t want to do a walk-on or a skit for the Masquerade? Here’s your chance to shine and show off without having to perform! In Hall Cosplay, only your craftsmanship will be taken into account and is open to all ages, with 4 skill divisions.
Youth – Entrants under 13
Novice – 0-3 Major Awards from previous conventions
Journeyman – 3-5 Major Awards, or a previous award at Journeyman level
Masters – 5 or more Major Awards, or a previous award at Masters level
1) You cannot enter a costume that has won a major award (not a judge’s award) at a previous convention’s masquerade or other cosplay contest.
2) If you enter as a group, and someone in your group has won an award at a higher level than you (i.e. if someone has an award for Journeyman, while you are still a novice) then your group will be in the higher level. If you aren’t sure what level you should be competing at then we’ll help you decide.
3) Your cosplay should be from a Japanese based series (manga, anime, visual novels, etc.) or a Western based series (comics, video games, TV shows, etc.)
4) Only official artwork cosplays can be entered. No fan art original designs. Please email us if you would like to verify an entry.
5) Please try to bring reference images for the judges. They can be printed or digital on a phone or tablet. We’ll have a laptop as well if you want to bring a flash drive.
6) Entries will be on a first come, first serve basis until slots are filled for each division.
7) Costumes being used for AAC Masquerade entries are not eligible to compete in Hall Cosplay.
8) By competing in the Hall Cosplay Contest, you acknowledge that you have made at least 90% of your costume (this does not include altering premade garments, and does not include wigs or shoes).
Hall Cosplay Awards:
1st and 2nd Place Youth, Novice, Journeyman and Masters categories, as well as Best Overall for the weekend and Judges’ awards. All awards will be announced out after the Masquerade. If you receive an award and not present at the Masquerade, you will be contacted.
Hall cosplay signups will be at the con only, starting Friday morning at 10am at Masquerade HQ with slots available for Friday or Saturday judging.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
~The previous head of Hall Cosplay couldn’t attend this year so it is under new management this year.~